Wednesday 26 June 2013

Two ways of looking

The teeny weeny black wasp in that picture reminds me of a conversation I had with a producer today about banner ads.

I've ranted many times on BrandDNA about banners so if you're fed up with me doing it please scroll to the post below.

Anyway the producer was proudly showing me the results of the campaign to which I commented that the results were two thirds of bugger all.

No they're not she said. They're 0.06% which is more than triple the average campaign.

I guess it depends how you frame the numbers.

Three times as effective as the average sounds great.

Six people in a thousand sounds pretty damn terrible.

Which kinda makes me wonder how many award winning campaigns were given awards because the people who wrote the case study knew how to spin the numbers.