Having an idea
One of the great things about ideas is that they are free.
Unless you're a client obviously in which case you have to pay for them!
One of the best books on the subject of having ideas was written by former JWT stalwart James Webb Young way back in 1965.
Yeah I know what you're thinking - but what about digital?
Well let me tell you an idea is an idea. And ideas are not reliant upon a particular technology.
At least not in my experience anyway.
The book in question is A Technique for Producing Ideas.
You can get hold of a copy for a paltry $7 if you click here.
Before you go and spend your hard earned $7 here is a fantastic piece of wisdom from the book:
The process for having ideas has 5 stages
1. Gather as much raw information as possible.
2. Chew it over and get your first ideas out of your system.
3. Stop thinking about the subject and let your subconscious go to work.
4. Be ready for the ideas to flow at any time.
5. Shape and develop the idea for practical usefulness.