Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Gimme a ginger


Last Friday my trusty art director Matt and I spent the afternoon working offsite on a brief for an alcohol client.

It was a lovely late summer's afternoon so Section 8 seemed the ideal spot.

While we were at the counter waiting to get served I noticed some bottles of ginger beer.

Matt and I were both tempted so we ordered two.

And as we sat back pondering the brief in the warm sunshine the ginger beer went down a treat.

So much so that I couldn't help wondering why it wasn't more popular.

In fact I can't recollect ever seeing someone in a bar order it.

Two or three years ago you would have said the same thing about cider.

Now it's everywhere.

So perhaps after Matt and I have cracked our brief I'll have a word to our client about alcoholic ginger beer.

Who knows - it could be the new cider. Well I reckon it could!

4 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Oyston said...

Stan, try making your own at home. Very rustic. A cloudy Ginger beer that tastes very nice and it's alcoholic (if you choose).

It's a cracker on a hot day.

8:18 am  
Blogger Stan Lee said...

I remember my Dad, who was a home brewer, making it when I was a kid. One of the bottles exploded in the fridge. Mum was not happy!

9:11 am  
Anonymous Tim Pashen said...

That's a cracking idea. You definitely should. Especially if it's brewed with organically grown ginger, and natural cane sugar with an elaborate back-story about the brewing process. Throw in some long copy on the bottle with a link to a website (or iphone app) tracing the origin of the ingredients to your current location and you're onto a winner. I'd say Matilda Bay brewing co (owned by fosters) could use an alcoholic ginger beer to bulk out their stable. Closest thing I've seen would be Monteiths Summer Ale. Goes down a treat on a balmy evening with a curry! TP.

4:25 pm  
Anonymous lauren said...

you've obviously never been drinking with me then stan :) i order ginger beer all the time. it's the only non-alcoholic 'beer' that most bars have in oz.

cascade do a pretty rad ginger beer, and of course jamaican rum - spiciest one ever.

10:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home