Tuesday 1 March 2011

Gimme a ginger


Last Friday my trusty art director Matt and I spent the afternoon working offsite on a brief for an alcohol client.

It was a lovely late summer's afternoon so Section 8 seemed the ideal spot.

While we were at the counter waiting to get served I noticed some bottles of ginger beer.

Matt and I were both tempted so we ordered two.

And as we sat back pondering the brief in the warm sunshine the ginger beer went down a treat.

So much so that I couldn't help wondering why it wasn't more popular.

In fact I can't recollect ever seeing someone in a bar order it.

Two or three years ago you would have said the same thing about cider.

Now it's everywhere.

So perhaps after Matt and I have cracked our brief I'll have a word to our client about alcoholic ginger beer.

Who knows - it could be the new cider. Well I reckon it could!