Tuesday 21 September 2010

Brands & Value


I see that renowned brand consultancy Interbrand has just released their 2010 Best Global Brands list.

And as you would expect Coca Cola is perched on the top of the list.

Somewhat surprisingly Apple is way down the list at number 17.

That's better than last year when they were ranked at 20 but much lower than I would've expected.

Not that I'm any kind of an expert on the ranking of a brand's value.

But why on earth is IBM ranked at number 2?

I don't think their name has ever come up in any meeting or conversation I've had over the last year.

Possibly longer.

I would have though IBM would have loss some of its lustre in recent times.

Especially since it made the decision to let a Chinese company manufacture and sell IBM laptops under the Lenovo brand.

Weird.