Friday 30 April 2010

Devaluing creativity


Here's yet another idea aimed at devaluing the creative services offered by agencies.

And as is often the case with these crowdsourcing things a lot of people could end up working very hard and not getting paid for it.

Which just plain sucks if you ask me.

Long before I got my first job as a copywriter I offered to work on a creative brief for free.

The Creative Director told me not to do this as I would have been selling myself short.

Which is exactly what these crowdsourcing services do to very talented people.

Of course that won't stop heaps of people giving Slogan Slingers a go.

Which concerns me greatly to be honest.

Because if every individual in our industry doesn't work to create a product that clients value then our industry surely has no future.