Saturday, August 15, 2009

Anything but soft


August 14th is the 33rd birthday of maverick record label Stiff Records.

As I kid I collected pretty much everything Stiff produced. Not just music but their ads and slogans too.

Thinking about it now as a guy sliding into middle age I can't help but noticing how much of an influence Stiff and there modus operandi has had on my career.

Just take a look at these great Stiff slogans and marvel at how good many of them still are after all these years.


But wait...there's more!

Labels: , ,


2 Comments:

Anonymous lauren said...

fabulous. "upstairs for thinking, downstairs for dancing" is still a commonly used slogan in this neck of the woods, that's for sure.

"if it ain't stiff, it ain't worth a fuck" is now going to be on my epitaph.

5:36 pm  
Blogger Mona said...

You should have waited for the thirty three and a third b'day because as they said "In 78 everyone born in 45 was 33 and a 1/3!"
Regards/
PS I went around to the Alexander St office/shop a number of times back then~madness, but I did get a poster autographed by Ian Dury with an arrow to his head and he wrote "Never will this become a mental cabinet!" That I wish I still had!
Regards/

7:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home