Tuesday 20 January 2009

Breaking taboos


Last night I watched the dvd of Secret Diary of a Callgirl. Pretty raunchy for a TV show.

When I was talking about it at work today one of the girls remarked that there are very few things you can't do in public.

She meant on TV but said public by mistake. Really made me laugh.

She does have a point though.

One thing I thought I'd never see done in public is design.

Now it seems even that taboo has been broken.

And Iain Tait tells me it will be broken again at Cut & Paste in London in April.

It's a design-off basically. In front of an audience.

Designers get a brief. A time limit. And away they go.

Love to see something like this happen in Melbourne. Perhaps at this year's AGDA Ideas?

Here's a video of a previous event. Looks like fun.

Labels: , , , ,