Sunday 15 April 2007

New vinyl from Wilco


My son Max and I were out and about in South Yarra yesterday.

We stopped for a bite to eat at a cafe where Wilco was playing over the sound system.

Afterwards we walked across to a bookstore where they were also playing Wilco.

On the way back to the car we stopped in to chat with the guys at Greville Records. Lo and behold they were playing Wilco too.

"Must be Wilco week," said Max. Turns out it is.

They're playing two shows in Melbourne this week and I'd completely forgotten that I'd bought a ticket.

Much as I love the band though, I really can't get excited about the set of soon to be released Wilco vinyl toys sitting above this post.

I'm a big fan of both vinyl toys and Wilco, but the combination of the two really doesn't do it for me. At all.